Japanese citizens can request a Thai tourist visa or a Thai visa on arrival in Thailand when travelling for a period of 31 days or longer. This can also be extended once you are in Thailand at an immigration checkpoint for example. The visa extension allows travelers to a Thai tourist visa of 90 days in total. If you would like to stay longer, you will have to check with the Consulate General before entering Thailand.
How to proceed to get a Thai eVisa from Japan ?
- Filling out the Thai application form with the correct details,
- Submitting the Thai eVisa application form and receiving a confirmation email,
- Your application will be assessed by the Thai Government and immigration authorities,
- You will be notified via email as to whether your Thailand eVisa has been approved or not
- In the case that your Thai visa has been approved, applicants should print the Thai eVisa ready for travel
Please note: the visa is only valid with the corresponding passport and correct details.
The requirements for Japanese Citizens when applying for the Thai eVisa
- All Japanese passports should be valid at the time of visa application and be valid for at least 6months on the date of entry to Japan.
- The applicant must be eligible for Thailand visa application.
- The visa fee must be paid with a valid credit or debit card.
- An email address is required for receiving the visa